Who we are
The Silk Road Partnership LLP (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how we use and share your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is The Silk Road Partnership, Magnesia House, 6 Playhouse Yard, London EC4V 5EX.
The data we collect about you
Personal data is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This includes information such as your identity, contact details, financial/ billing information and technical data when you use our website. It also includes client career information obtained in relation to the work we contract to do with you.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about you from various sources including:
- From direct interactions, when you contact us directly by telephone, email or letter or during our relationship with you.
- From automated interactions when you visit our website;
- From third party and publicly available sources.
How do we use your information?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To develop, improve and market our services and website.
- To provide you with the services that you request from us, including carrying out our obligations to you arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To facilitate financial transactions and payments.
What is the legal basis that permits us to use your information?
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so as set out in the data protection legislation.
We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, for example, to respond to enquiries and use your information for marketing and service improvement purposes to enable us to expand our business and attract new customers.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we have your consent or another legally permitted reason applies.
How do we share your information?
We share your personal information in the following ways:
- When we need to pass your details to one of our independent coaches to respond to your enquiry.
- When we use third parties who provide services to us, such as IT providers and professional advisors
Where we share your personal information with third parties we ensure that we have appropriate measures in place to safeguard your personal information and to ensure that it is solely used for legal purposes in line with this privacy notice.
When do we transfer your information overseas?
We only transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area under the following circumstances:
- Where the transfer is to a country or other territory which has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission (or an equivalent UK body);or
- With your consent; or
- On the basis that the transfer is compliant with the GDPR and other applicable laws..
How do we keep your information secure?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
For how long do we keep your information?
We keep your personal data for as long as required to provide our services and in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. As a general rule we keep your personal client data for the duration of the relationship with us and for a period after the relationship ends, so that if you need to come back to us in the future we have a record of your previous transactions.When your personal data is no longer required we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Your rights in relation to your information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, these include the right to:
- Request access to your personal information that we hold;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you, if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continuing to process it.
- Object to the processing of personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest ( or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of personal data to another party.
- Withdraw consent, at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
You can exercise your rights over your personal data held by us at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have a right to raise your concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk) at any time.